The Bedford Historical Society
The Keepers of History...
The Bedford Historical Society is located in Bedford Ohio. The Society
maintains four historical structures: A general Americana museum, 12,000 volume
library and archives is located in the 1874 Town Hall; the 1832 Hezekiah Dunham
House is furnished to reflect three critical periods of occupancy; the 1892
former Baptist Church has a restored sanctuary reflecting the early Protestant
Sunday School design of architect Jacob Snyder. These three structures are
owned by the Society and are listed on the National Register of Historic
Places. Additionally, the Bedford Historical Society maintains a 1920s
passenger rail station in restored 1882 train depot.
Membership in the Bedford Historical Society is open to anyone with an
interest in history.
The Town Hall Museum is open to the public on:
The Board of Trustees is pleased to introduce Dana Best-Mizsak as the new director of the Bedford Historical Society. Janet Caldwell has served for the past 11 years as both director and curator. Several months ago, Janet let the Trustees know that she would like to retire from the director's position. Trustees formed a search committee and interviewed several candidates.
Dana began her duties on March 1st. Janet will continue as curator of exhibits. Trustees have given her the honorary title of Director Emeritus.
Dana is looking forward to meeting you at the annual dinner. I know you will give her your support as we continue our efforts to preserve the history of our region.
Bob Schroeter, Sr.
· Updated Museum Store catalog Dec 2013. New items, Support the museum and give someone a wonderful gift.
· We now accept all major credit cards for the Museum Store, memberships and donations! Please stop by or call the museum to access this great addition to the Society!
· New Book 2012 Bedford and Bedford Township. Now available.
· The Sedlon Garden Project begins What's going on at the Dunham House?
· Reasons for joining the Museum in 2014.
· You can now purchase a Memorial Brick to be placed on Bedford Public Square.
· Endowment Fund, support our future, Jack Ulman 2012 update.
· Membership letter, support the Society.
This website and all contents is © 2014 Bedford Historical Society All rights reserved.Bedford Historical Society · PO Box 46282 · Bedford, OH 44146-0282 · (440) 232-0796