1882 Wheeling & Lake Erie Depot

A 1920s passenger station is operated in the Wheeling & Lake Erie Depot. The Depot is owned by the City of Bedford and the Society operates the passenger station exhibit to fulfill the qualifications of the restoration grant used to restore the Depot. It is listed on the National Register within the Historic District.
Originally built by the Connotton Valley Railroad, the building had several owners including the Nickel Plate. The building is restored as it was during the Wheeling & Lake Erie years.

    Significant Collections within the 1882 Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad Depot:
  • Restored 1920s era passenger station museum.
  • Railroad depot furniture;
  • Conductor's uniform;
  • Manuals and train related objects.
  • Original station master's desk and chair
  • Lanterns and switching equipment

The Railroad Depot 1882