The 1874 Town Hall Museum will be accessible to all visitors during regular hours of operation or by special appointment in the fall of 2004.
The following is special information for individuals with physical limitations:
- An elevator has been installed at the rear of the building. A small lobby at ground level allows access to the building.
- Specially marked parking spaces are immediately outside of this entrance.
- The parking lot can be reached off of Broadway ( State Rt 14), turn west into the drive behind the Old Church on the Square.
- Additional special parking is available on Broadway and at the Train Depots. Sidewalks from this area will lead to the new building addition.
- Visitors are asked to stop at the main floor to conduct business, research or read in our reference library.
- Other floors are accessible by elevator; all visitors must be accompanied by a docent to other areas of the building.
- Accessible restrooms are available on the first and second floors.
The Bedford Historical Society looks forward to accommodating all visitors. Custom tours are available for preschoolers through adult. There is no charge to enjoy the 1874 Town Hall museum or utilize its facilities for research. Donations are always welcome.