Bedford Historical Society

272 Broadway Avenue, Bedford, OH 44146

1832 Hezekiah Dunham House

The He1832 Hezekiah Dunham House
Located on Broadway Avenue across from the Bedford City Commons, the Dunham House was built by prosperous early settler, Hezekiah Dunham whose influence helped form the Village of Bedford in 1837. Dunham donated several parcels of land for public use including the Bedford City Commons.

The house has been restored to the 1876 Centennial period reflected in the City’s Seal, Spirit of “76, the famous work of Bedford native son, Archibald Willard.

The Dunham House has a long history, including its use as the home to Richard Sedlon, a 20th Century Bedford artist. Several of Sedlon’s works are on exhibit in the Town Hall Museum.

The Hezekiah Dunham House is a brick Georgian mansion built by one of Bedford’s early settlers. The house was restored mainly by volunteer labor in the 1980s to 2000. Furnishings in the house reflect three periods of occupancy; 1840s, 1900 and 1950. It is on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.

Significant Collections within the Hezekiah Dunham House Museum:

Restored 1832 home has duplicated stenciling;
Period furniture from mid 1800s;
Period dining furniture from 1900;
1950 artist’s studio with Richard Sedlon artifacts and original artwork.zekiah Dunham House is a brick Georgian mansion built by one of Bedford's early settlers. The house was restored mainly by volunteer labor in the 1980s to 2000. Furnishings in the house reflect three periods of occupancy; 1840s, 1900 and 1950. It is on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.

Significant Collections within the Hezekiah Dunham House Museum:

  • Restored 1832 home has duplicated stenciling;
  • Period furniture from mid 1800s;
  • Period dining furniture from 1900;
  • 1950 artist's studio with Richard Sedlon artifacts and original artwork.

Get Directions

How to reach


Venue Events